Born in Sukhumi in 1927.
From 1939 to 1945 attended the Moscow secondary art school.
From 1945 to 1951 attended the Surikov Art Institute of Moscow.
In 1958 joined the Moscow branch of the Artists Union (MOSKh).
In 1952 first exhibited his works; between 1961 and 1973 was barred from exhibiting.
Between 1974 and 1989 worked for the Moscow Graphic Arts Centre.
Does paintings, graphic works and book illustrations.
Lives in Moscow.