Born in the village of Isakovo, Kaluga Region, in 1884.
From 1896 to 1901 studied at a Moscow icon painting studio.
In 1903-1906 attended A.P. Bolshakov's studio.
From 1906 to 1913 studied under V.A. Serov and K.A. Korovin at the Moscow School of Painting, Modelling and Architecture.
From 1917 exhibited his works.
In 1932 joined the Moscow branch of the Artists Union.
Died in Maloyaroslavets in 1949.