Born in Wroclaw, Poland, in 1894.
In 1912 graduated from the M.K. Tenisheva School.
In 1912-1914 studied at the private studios of D.N. Kardovsky and K.S. Petrov-Vodkin.
From 1912 exhibited his works.
A member of the 'Four Arts' and OST groups.
From 1922 to 1930 taught at the VKhUTEMAS.
Did graphic works and book design.
Died outside Moscow in 1933.