Born in Moscow in 1930.
Between 1945 and 1954 studied at Moscow's Higher (former Stroganov) School of Industrial Design.
Since 1956 has exhibited his works.
In 1961 joined the Moscow branch of the Artists Union (MOSKh) .
In 1983 was granted the title of a People's Artist of the Russian Federation.
In 1999 elected to the Presidium of the Russian Academy of Arts.
Does paintings and graphic works and engages in monumental art.
Died in Moscow.